Friday, April 3, 2009

Reaction to Dia:Beacon

Visiting Dia:Beacon was actually a really great experience. I had never really been to that kind of museum before, and I loved how relaxing the atmosphere was. I especially loved how most of the space was constructed to allow natural light to come in and light up all of the pieces. One of my favorite exhibits included that of Robert Smithson. His piece titled Map of Broken Glass (Atlantis) was one that I found to be the most interesting because of the unique shape and arrangement of the glass. The light blue tint to the glass was also an interesting aspect of the piece because it made the glass almost resemble seaglass washed up on the shore; the natural light seemed to enhance this aspect as well. Overall, I found the trip to be an interesting experience.

Robert Smithson's Map of Broken Glass (Atlantis), 1969.

No comments:

Post a Comment